Featured
- Get link
- X
- Other Apps
I Am Offering This Poem Figurative Language
I Am Offering This Poem Figurative Language. Get your custom essay on. Introductory paragraph that states your poem’s title, the author and provides a brief background on the poem.

In i am offering this poem, by jimmy santiago baca, the poet is giving the idea that love is providing you with all that you need, for example guidance and comfort. The 1990 poem “i am offering this poem” by jimmy santiago baca is themed around the life of a prisoner who has nothing else to offer except poetry. Focus skills analyzing figurative language:
What Effect Does The Repetition Of The Phrase When I Watch You Have On The Poem?
Through a series of short stanzas, baca’s speaker addresses an unknown listener. Love is not something humans can just dispose of: “i am offering this poem to you ” (line 1).
This Stanza's First Two Lines Include A Sentiment That Baca Will Continue As The Poem Progresses:
Leave a reply cancel reply. In “i am offering this poem,” the poetic speaker addresses someone from the very beginning: Well, an ode is a poem that's written to, or about, a specific person (or thing).
It Is An Essential That Money Can’t Buy.
Baca had a rough childhood. What if the poet is writing in the voice. Following his difficult childhood, baca was incarcerated as a young man.
As Its Refrain Illustrates, “I Am Offering This Poem” Is Also A Love Poem.
Before we dive in here, we should point out two things. It most likely will always be there. 3 keep it like a warm coat.
Keep It Like A Warm Coat When Winter Comes To Cover You, Or Like A Pair Of Thick Socks The Cold Cannot Bite Through, I Love You, I Have Nothing Else To Give You, So It Is A Pot Full Of Yellow Corn To Warm Your Belly In Winter, It Is A Scarf For Your Head, To Wear Over Your Hair, To Tie Up Around Your Face, I Love You, Keep It.
.since i have nothing else to give ,keep it like a warm I’ve noticed that a lot of authors use their personal feelings and past as inspiration for thier poems; How does i am offering this poem use figurative language?
Comments
Post a Comment